Land Admin Manager
Arsenal Resources is seeking a full-time Land Admin Manager for a hybrid schedule to include work in the Company’s Wexford, PA office. Under the supervision of the Director of Land, the Land Admin Manager will be responsible for direct oversight of the Land Lease Records department and Division Orders. The candidate will work with the Lease Records Supervisor to evaluate department efficiencies around company operations and development, which includes data tracking and input and coordinating ownership changes with Accounting department. Managing and oversight of Division of Interests and Division Order knowledge is required, along with a strong knowledge of Certified Title and the ability to review title and title curative for the appropriate quality checks.
• Oversee Land Lease Records and Division Orders department to assure all departmental tasks are being accounted for and further completed efficiently and accurately. Also assist in budgeting process, accounting for scheduled agreement payments and forecasting future lessor payments.
• Review and interpret title abstracts and certified title opinions, agreements and other documents to determine, verify, analyze, and evaluate ownership of the surface, oil, gas and/or leasehold estates for acquisitions, divesture and/or development.
• Facilitate and coordinate with Director of Land when needed. Conduct discussions with outside counsel around title questions, assignments and acquisition questions.
• Utilize company databases, specifically Enertia, to generate reports around lease and contract obligations, expirations and surrenders.
• Implement new SB 694 processes with regard to data input and assist permitting department with land documentation requirements.
• Maintain flexibility to undertake additional duties and responsibilities as necessary. Capable of independently making risk assessments and recommendations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• J.D. Degree and licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in an Appalachian Basin state, preferably West Virginia.
• At least five (5) years of related oil and gas experience such as abstracting and/or drafting/reviewing certified title opinions. Knowledge of Division of Interests.
• In-house experience is preferred.
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat, with the ability to learn additional software applications.
• Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry with an emphasis on title, contracts and lease terms.
• Analytical, math and communication skills with an aptitude for detailed and precise work. Independently plan and organize, prioritize, schedule and complete multiple concurrent projects and assignments on a timely basis.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
• Strong drive to seek innovative ways to perform better, faster and more efficiently.
• Experience with GIS and Land Systems, such as ESRI (ArcGIS), SigmaFlow, SmartSheet, Tableau, etc. is preferred, but not required.
Arsenal Resources is a privately held company focused on developing unconventional reservoirs in the Appalachian Basin. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate and includes an attractive compensation package and benefits.