People Powered. Asset Strong.


[ultimate_spacer height=”150″]

Below, we have listed a few of the more commonly asked questions we get from our landowner partners. If you don’t see your question addressed, please contact us by phone at 724-940-1299, via email or in writing at:

Arsenal Resources
ATTN: LLR Department
6031 Wallace Road Ext.
Suite 101
Wexford, PA  15090

When calling or writing, please provide the following information:

  • Owner Name
  • Owner/Payee Number
  • Owner SSN or Tax Identification Number (at least the last 4 digits)
  • Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Nature of Question

We strive to respond to inquiries within two business days (excluding holidays and weekends).


How can I change/update my address?

  • Please notify us promptly if you move or your address changes to ensure all notices and payments are sent to the correct address.
  • To change or update your address, please complete the change of address form provided here or send us a letter including your name, payee number, old address, new address, current phone number and social security number (or at least last 4 digits).
  • For your protection, address changes/updates must be in writing and signed by you or your appointed agent. Change of addresses cannot be accepted by telephone or without the required information listed above.

How can I change/update ownership?

  • Please notify us promptly if there is a change in ownership of your interest by reason of:
    • Death
    • Marriage/Divorce
    • Sale/Purchase of Property
    • Pending Foreclosure
    • Tax Sale
    • Creation/Dissolution of Trust
    • Appointment/Revocation of Power of Attorney
  • Once notified we will advise you of the required documentation to transfer ownership and any upcoming payments will be suspended. Required documentation may include copies of recorded or certified deeds, court orders, divorce decrees, death certificates, probate and estate records, wills, etc. Once the required documentation is received and verified, ownership will changed/updated in our systems and all payments will be properly tendered.
  • For your protection, we only issue payments to the record title owner and will not transfer ownership without a recorded document. We cannot provide the necessary documents.


Can my check be directly deposited to my bank account?

  • Yes, please complete the Direct Deposit form provided here.
  • For your protection, Direct Deposit changes/updates must be in writing and signed by you or your appointed agent. Direct Deposit change of accounts cannot be accepted by telephone or without the required information listed above.

Will you re-issue missing checks?

  • Checks are cut on last Thursdays of the month please allow a few weeks for USPS to process.
  • If you have not received or have misplaced a check, please contact us to address the matter.
  • If you have a check that is over 120 days old, please deposit the check promptly into your account and contact us if you have any problems.

Why do you need my Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number?

  • Without a social security or tax identification number, your payments will be subject to a non-refundable 28% backup withholding under IRS Regulations.

Will I be issued a 1099 for the monies paid to me?

  • All owners who receive at least $10 annually in royalties and/or $600 of other payments types will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC, which is mailed to the owner by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is gross income prior to any deductions or taxes. If applicable, the 1099 will also list any U.S. withholding amounts deducted from your checks.
  • Payment types typically subject to 1099 include the following:
    • Royalties
    • Rental Payments
    • Lease Bonus Payments
    • Delay Rental Payment
    • Right-of-way payment (partially taxable; based upon landowner’s tax basis in property subject to the right-of-way)
    • Damages (fully or partially taxable; based upon nature of the damages and tax basis of landowner)
  • Please consult a tax professional for questions about your tax liabilities as a result of such payments.